I have danced en pointe for awhile now, and both my big toe-toenails got bruised very badly. My right foot nail grew out and the bruise went away. My left foot toenail fell off : if you took a sharpie and drew an imaginary line across the middle of your nail horizontally thats where it broke off. a better word would be cracked because on the part that came off the left side of it, by my middle toe is still connected to the nail bed. I would put a picture up.. but its kinda gross. Theres more. There is a weird soft nail stuff growing under it.. but I still have the other half of my old nail…
Knowing all of that I have two questions:
1. will it grow out and the rest of the old nail eventually fall of and will the nail that is growing underneath stay for good? ( the nail that is growing underneath is soft and really bumpy)
2. How do I keep it so it doesn't get infected and how do I prevent fungus. Any spray or topical gel recommended?
My mom is also making an appointment with a foot doctor.
You should take care of it by cleaning it and keeping it dry. it this kind of situation you need to be wary of infections like toenail fungus.
Hope this helps, I do ballet and pointe, but don't have any experience with toenails falling off.
the same thing happened to my friend but with her little toe, she just deals with it i guess. i think it grew back, good luck
- How to Get Rid of Nail Fungus
- Chico manufacturer is familiar company
- How to defeat nail fungus using all-natural toenail fungus treatment at home that’s cost-effective
- I’m getting thinner by eating more fats