Nail fungus is something that most people ignore, since it does not pose any major health risk. Those affected will most likely neglect the symptoms until their conditions get worse and the need to consult a doctor becomes inevitable.
One will know that nail fungus thrives in his nail beds when he sees the following:
- Brittle or frail nails
- Irregular growth of nails
- Painful affected toe
Nail Fungus Busters at Home
People affected with nail fungus should not panic. some of the remedies can actually be found in your own kitchen cabinets. one part of this and another part of that, just like any homemade concoction, may serve as remedy for simple problems like acne, dandruff, and nail fungus.
Here are some common kitchen stuff that can help you get rid of nail fungus:
1. Vinegar – This is considered one of the most potent remedy for nail fungus. Soaking your feet in a solution made of equal parts of apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water may do the trick. This can be done 15 to 20 minutes a day until symptoms disappear. Soaking the feet in the vinegar-water solution exposes the nail fungi to a very acidic environment where it cannot survive. Remember to towel dry your feet after the home treatment since moist environment promotes the growth of nail fungus.
2. Tea Tree-Lavender Oil Mix – This is also a very popular home remedy for nail fungus. Natural oil like tea tree oil, which has antifungal and antiseptic properties can be mixed with the oil of lavender, which has calming effects. To use this solution, carefully apply it using a cotton swab on the affected nail and its surrounding areas. Use this three times a day.
3. Olive Oil with Oregano Oil – you will not be frying anything using these oils but a teaspoon of olive oil with two drops of oregano oil will kill the fungi that destroy your toenails. both are natural fungicides and safe to use.
4. Mint-Flavored Mouthwash – the antiseptic properties of mouthwash help kill the fungi on the toe nails. Fungus-infected toe nails can be soaked for a few minutes a day in undiluted mint mouthwash. Studies have shown that mouthwash is not only effective in killing the germs in the mouth, but also help in getting rid of foot fungi.
The home remedies described above should be used religiously for several days before you can notice any improvement on the toenails and the surrounding areas. Remember, these remedies don’t guarantee instant treatment, but will surely alleviate the infection.
It will be wise to monitor the condition of your infected nails. if they worsen or if you acquire any irritation, consult a doctor.
Natural remedies found at home or in the backyard are gaining popularity around the world. Simple illness or problems can be alleviated using the gifts of nature, which help us save money.
The Internet is also a great source of information about nail fungus and the medicines that can be used to get rid of it.
- How to Get Rid of Nail Fungus
- Chico manufacturer is familiar company
- How to defeat nail fungus using all-natural toenail fungus treatment at home that’s cost-effective
- I’m getting thinner by eating more fats